How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home
According to recent data, there’s a boom in home improvement and remodeling projects this year; this is because more people are choosing to stay in their homes while majority of homeowners are remodeling their homes.
When moving to your own home or when remodeling your home, the decision to go for carpet instead of hardwood flooring should be easy. For example, here are some benefits to using carpets in your home:
- With carpets, you’re less likely to slip and fall; this is especially important if you have elderly people at home or children who are more likely to involve themselves in activities that can lead to a fall.
- Carpets are also less expensive; with hardwood flooring, not only is it more expensive to have it in your home but it also requires a lot of maintenance.
- Carpets improve indoor air quality; this is perhaps the most important factor. Data from the United States Environmental Protection Agency has ranked indoor air pollution as a top 5 environmental danger while also revealing that millions die of illnesses caused by poor indoor air. Using quality carpets contribute to reducing the risk of this.
Once you’ve decided to use a carpet in your home, how do you choose the best carpeting material? Here are some tips for you:
1. Know the Type of Carpet You Want
There are different types of carpets and some of the more common types are:
Cut pile carpets: Currently the most popular type of carpets in use today due to their luxurious look and their ability to resist crushing compared to other types of carpets. There are four main types of cut pile carpets and they are:
- Textured Plush
- Velvet Plush
Wool Carpets: The softest kind of carpet fiber you can find; high quality wool carpets are long lasting and not easily stained but they can be quite expensive. Wool carpets are often the most expensive choice for carpets.
Nylon Carpets: Soft, durable and stain-resistant carpet fiber; nylon carpets are commonly used today.
Polyester Carpets: Often crafted from recycled plastic bottles, this is a non-allergic and environment friendly carpet fiber. They are also less expensive compared to wool or nylon carpets.
You can also find lists, often with visuals, of different types of carpets with some online research.
It is important to know what you want before you go to the carpet store; you can get ideas from the type of carpet a friend or neighbor is using, by using the internet for research before you go shopping for carpets or by browsing catalogs on carpet websites online.
2. Be Sure about its Durability
This is very important, especially if you’re focused on the long-term.
When it comes to selecting durable carpets, it’s more than just going with a popular brand or taking a look at how a carpet feels. Here are some factors for determining carpet durability:
Carpet density: this can be determined by the thickness of a carpet and how close the fiber strands are to one another. Carpets with high density will be able to resist crushing on the long term while soft carpets or carpets with low density won’t be able to.
Carpet fiber: The fiber a carpet is made of will also determine its durability. Common carpet fibers can be wool, nylon, polyester or Olefin.
Carpet type: How a carpet is constructed can also determine its durability so make sure you’re familiar with the different types of carpet before you make the decision to buy.
3. Make Sure it is Stain Resistant
A carpet is stain resistant if it does not easily absorb foreign liquids and if it responds when given stain treatment.
You want to make sure any carpet you purchase is properly equipped to resist stain.
4. Consider the Price of the Carpet
Carpet prices also matter when shopping for quality carpets.
While high quality carpets can be very expensive, it’s important to realize that this is not always the case.
You need to make the distinction between quality carpets that actually cost what you’re paying and stylish carpets that are only expensive because they are fancy. Click here https://mysqmclub.com/ to get detailed information about selecting the best carpets for your home.